Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter

I saw the last Harry Potter film Friday night and enjoyed it.  I've long been a fan.  I have read all the books and seen all the films.  It is a great story.  I still have friends that will not let their children read the books or see the films.  There are so many parallels to the Christian story that could be used.  For example, in this movie (SPOILER ALERT), Harry discovers that he must die in order for Voldermort, evil incarnate, to die.  Harry decides he will sacrifice himself for the benefit of others.  Of course, Harry finds that he returns to life following his sacrifice.  What a parallel to the teaching of Jesus that he who tries to save his life will lose it and he who willing gives up his life will find it.  Anyway, I feel it is a good story about people making the right, selfless choices when faced with temptation in life.  I will miss Harry and his friends.

3 comments:

  1. So that was the last movie and book, what is everyone going to do? Only saw one move on TV and rode the Harry Potter ride at Universal-Orlando.
    Both were cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have you been, Bill? Yes, this is the last one. I heard on interview on the radio Friday with people leaving the theater. One young lady was nearly in tears because it was over. "What will I do now?" That's pretty sad in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, I rode the Harry Potter ride several times at Universal. That is probably the coolest ride I've ever been on!

    ReplyDelete