Thursday, July 14, 2011

New Blog Site

I finally gave up on the blog function on my church's website.  To register in as a user on the site just didn't work right so people could read, but not comment.  My hope for this blog site is for folks to be able to discuss issues of the day, Christianity, Music, or anything else that is on your minds.  I hope to be able to allow anyone to post comments, so keep it clean, folks.

The topic that comes to mind for me is the meeting I attended of the home team for the Griffith's family.  God has been calling my friends Nick, Heidi, and Gilly Griffiths to the mission field for quite some time now.  God is leading them to the country of Kenya where they will be working to construct water filtration sites.  It is so sad to hear about the billions that die from drinking unclean water in the world when we have the resources to provide clean water.  I find it amazing how we Americans have the cleanest tap water in the world and yet find a need to further filter our water when other folks around the world have to drink water out of unclean lakes and rivers where wild animals bathe and sewage is dumped.  What does this say about us as followers of Jesus who called us to take care of the poor?

2 comments:

  1. We are trying to get them some connections through the Rotary Club since Rotary does a lot of water projects worldwide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy, Nick was telling me about that last night. Thanks for allowing him the exposure the Rotary Club.

    ReplyDelete